We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: July 3, 2016
Say Good Riddance To Bad Breath
The clinical name for bad breath is called halitosis, but no matter what it’s called, it plagues millions around the world. To help you avoid the bane of bad breath, follow this expert advice.
Common Causes of Bad Breath
According to experts in family dentistry, bad breath can be blamed on a number of factors, from dental hygiene to daily habits. But the most frequent reasons for halitosis include:
- Pungent foods such as garlic, onions, and exotic spices
- Improper oral hygiene at home
- Failure to get regular professional dental care from an affordable dentist
- Smoking and tobacco use
- Dry mouth
- Oral infections
- Medical problems, such as sinus infections, cancer, kidney disorders, liver diseases, and more
- Certain medications
Eight Ways To Handle Halitosis
Bad breath can be a burden, but experts in family dentistry say there are ways to make bad breath better and even prevent the problem. Try these dental care tips to help halitosis:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, but preferably after every meal.
- Floss daily.
- Brush your tongue to remove the bacteria and odors that cause bad breath.
- See an affordable dentist for twice-yearly check-ups and cleanings.
- Treat any existing dental problems.
- Stop smoking or using tobacco.
- Avoid dry mouth by drinking water throughout the day to rinse any odor-causing bacteria.
- Discuss your medical conditions and medications with a family dentistry expert to see if they’re contributing to your case of bad breath.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Owings Mills, call Valley Dental Associates today at (443) 898-1240 or make an appointment.
Valley Dental Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Owings Mills. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Valley Dental Associates, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Valley Dental Associates.