We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: October 19, 2015
Protect Your Investment: Keep Ceramic Restorations Sparkling Clean
Tooth restoration using ceramic materials was first introduced in 1789. Its durability and close resemblance to natural teeth makes it an ideal choice. Because ceramic restorations tend to be more expensive than other types, it’s important that you maintain good dental care and appropriate teeth cleaning procedures to protect your investment. Cleaning ceramic teeth is much like cleaning natural teeth, but a few key differences should be noted. If you have recently received a ceramic tooth restoration, the tips listed below can help you keep it looking its best for years to come.
Teeth-Cleaning Tips for Maintaining Ceramic Teeth
- Brush twice a day, using a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Brush gently when cleaning ceramic teeth to prevent scratching them.
- Floss nightly. Be careful when flossing around your ceramic teeth to avoid pulling on the edges of your filling and damaging it.
- If you find it difficult to floss around a ceramic restoration, don’t ignore the problem; consult your dentist for advice.
- Certain cleaning methods, dental care products, or personal habits may not be appropriate for ceramic teeth. Before trying any new product or procedure, seek advice from your dentist.
- If you use mouthwash as part of your dental care, choose an alcohol-free product. Alcohol can loosen or soften the bonding agents used to keep your ceramic restoration in place.
- Electric toothbrushes are acceptable, but avoid using ultrasonic toothbrushes; these can release the binding of ceramic materials.
- See your dentist regularly for exams, and obtain professional dental cleanings as recommended.
- Ask your dentist for toothpaste recommendations.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Owings Mills, call Valley Dental Associates today at (443) 898-1240 or make an appointment.
Valley Dental Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Owings Mills. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Valley Dental Associates, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Valley Dental Associates.