We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: February 14, 2016
Are Tooth Implants Right for You?
If you’re looking to improve the look and function of your teeth, look no further than affordable dental implants.
Sink Your Teeth into Dental Implants
While you may think that dental implants are a new dental discovery, tooth implants were actually invented in 1952 by a Swedish orthopedic surgeon. Today, they’ve become the gold standard for restoring or replacing teeth. Tooth implants are dental aids that are surgically placed into the jawbone to secure dental aids like bridges, dentures, and crowns. These implants bond with the bone over a few months to permanently hold these dental aids that improve the look and function of your smile. They are placed by implant dentists over a few visits and provide many years of dental benefits, including:
- An improved look, feel, and function of teeth
- They don’t damage the natural tooth structure of adjacent teeth
- Their fusion to the jawbone ensures their stability and strength
The Case for Care
According to implant dentists, tooth implants can replace a single tooth, numerous teeth, or all of your teeth. They are used to restore dental function and enhance cosmetic appeal. But be aware that tooth implants are not right for everyone. Your eligibility is based on these dental factors:
- Dental examination – An implant dentist needs to examine your mouth and make a clinical assessment of your eligibility for a dental implant.
- Location – The site of the dental problem can determine if an implant is acceptable.
- Bone quality – A sufficient amount of jawbone is needed to fully support the dental implant.
- Price – Since implants can cost more than other treatments, many implant dentists offer special financing and take insurance to put affordable dental implants within reach. Once you explore your payment options, you’ll be surprised how affordable dental implants can be.
- Personal needs and preferences – No matter how affordable dental implants can be made, the choice needs to be right for each individual.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Owings Mills, call Valley Dental Associates today at (443) 898-1240 or make an appointment.
Valley Dental Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Owings Mills. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Valley Dental Associates, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Valley Dental Associates.